Early responses to the discovery of the New Data that dis-confirm "Darwin's and Wallace's independent discovery paradigm" reveal that emotions run high when one's professional and personal identity is wrapped up in the work of a newly proven serial liar and plagiarising science fraudster by glory theft.
- Exposing George Beccaloni - Curator of the Alfred Wallace Collection of the Natural History Museum, London - for his weird ignorance of the facts he should have known and what they mean, his penning of a sly and dishonestly bogus book review (of my book he later admitted he had never even read!), and strange whining that he is being bullied when cornered with the truth of it all. Here.
- Dr Mike Weale uses the kind of "nothing happened" "magical thinking" literal fact denial reasoning explained by Cohen, S. (2001) States of Denial. (pages 104-105), that what amounts to deliberate lying - at least by any rational understanding of the meaning of the word - does not amount to lying in the special case of Charles Darwin - Here.
- I am joined by U.S. Army (retired) Major Howard Minnick (third great grandson of Patrick Matthew) in a homage to Hunter S. Thompson's Gonzo style of journalism. We deliberately become part of the story about Charles Darwin on the Daily Telegraph blog site. I then report on the story - Here.
- A Wikipedian, involved in training Wikipedians, is confronted with the fact that Wikipedia editors are systematically deleting the fact Darwin lied about the prior-readership of Matthew's original ideas - Here.
- Exposing and challenging in public the ignorance, poor-conduct and uncomfortable cowardice of Professor Nathaniel Comfort:
Having published a public statement on Twitter that my peer reviewed journal paper is "an ignorant piece of crap" Comfort was offered the chance to explain himself and debate with me, on a moderated website, why my original and significant contribution to knowledge in the field - that as opposed to prior knowledge that none read it - that in fact many naturalists (four known to Darwin/Wallace) read Matthew's prior-published discovery of natural selection before Darwin and Wallace replicated without citing Matthew, the foul-penned, and plainly uncomfortable and cowardly when cornered, Comfort responded by blocking me on Twitter - Here@darwinsbulldog Do you know this guy? The paper's an ignorant piece of crap.— Nathaniel Comfort (@nccomfort) December 30, 2014